Women's preferences and tastes vary greatly; their interests and trends change quickly. These make women difficult to shop for. Putting some thoughts into the gift, however, will make it easy for you to determine which type of birthday gift is perfect for her. Finding out the perfect gift for her starts by knowing what type of person she is. But if you are on the rush, there are timeless gift ideas that apply to every woman. Here are those:
1. Flowers. Every woman loves flowers including those who deny it so if you really do not know what to give, a bouquet of flowers is your best option. Although most women can interpret any flower as a sign of either friendship or love, it really pays to ask your flower arranger the type of flower that conveys the proper message.
2. Chocolates and sweets. Many would agree that chocolates and sweets are commonly tagged as romantic gifts for women. But that doesn't mean that you have to be romantically in love with her to give chocolates as a birthday gift. Most online stores and specialty shops offer wide array of chocolates and sweets products for birthdays.
3. Perfumes and Cologne. Women are always attracted to pleasant odor such as perfumes and colognes so consider this as a birthday gift for her. Ask her what brand of perfume or cologne is she fond of.
4. Bags, Shoes, and Jewelry. Most, if not all women love at least one of these. But make sure that before giving one, you know exactly what she likes and what she will actually wear. Tastes can vary greatly with bags and shoes. Jewelry of course is an exception. You can never go wrong with earrings, bracelets, pendants, necklace, and diamonds or pearl. The good thing is, as long as it's a jewel, the cost is really not important.
5. Gift certificate. Perhaps, nothing beats a birthday gift that allows her to buy what she really wants. Also, you can consider giving gift certificates to a spa or fitness center she's been eyeing on for months.
6. Birthday card. While many people would think that the cost of the gift is essential for it to be remembered, nothing can match the memory of a simple message written on a piece of card. Some may find it cheesy but for her who values thought more than material things, it means a lot.