Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Free video instructions on creative gift wrapping ideas, starting with how to wrap a box, with unique techniques for working with wrapping paper.
How to gift wrap a box
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
This button-stamped gift wrap is fun to make. Affix button to a cork with double-sided tape. Place plain paper on a piece of felt or a folded piece of fabric (this cushions the paper so the mark will be even). Top with a pretty button tied on with baker's twine.
Monday, October 29, 2007
These gifts make a great holiday gift for someone who likes to entertain. Why stop at the holidays? They are also great for birthdays, house-warming gifts and hostess gifts.
The Flip-Top Cocktail Shaker (MK801)
Zarafina Tea Maker Set (JJ501)
Cuisinart Private Reserve 6-Bottle Wine Cellar (CU219)
Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker (JJ500)
Built NY Wine Ratchet (BN112)
Wine Bottle Vacuum Seal (ED151)
VinTemp Corkscrew & Infrared Wine Thermometer (VI100)
ezPull Penguin Corkscrew (WT250)
Oliso Frisper Freshkeeper Vacuum Sealer (OL002)
ZAGAT TO GO Restaurant & Entertainment Guide v5.0 (ZS500)
Whether it be for the busy executive, a hard-working traveling salesman, a college student or just someone who likes to travel, travel gifts make an excellent gift for the holidays.
From now until November 15th Magellan's are offering 20% off orders over $50 so you can shop for lots of people at once and get great savings.
Magellan's 20% off Orders of $50 with Code: PF20 through 11/15/07
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Give Her A Gift She'll Love - Tips For Buying Her Christmas Gift
Buying the perfect gift for that special lady in your life is far from easy. One wrong purchase and your thoughtful gift can turn into a relationship nightmare. It may seem like there is no light at the end of this gift giving tunnel, but lucky for you, there is. With the right tips and advice you can get your girlfriend or wife something she'll love. Follow these terrific tips for giving the woman in your life a gift she'll love.
- Pay Attention: You know the holiday's are right around the corner and that any day now you're going to have to hit the mall or the internet in search of a perfect gift for your lady. With that in mind, start paying attention to any clues, subtle or not so subtle, that she may give you. This means you need to listen, remember, and possibly even write down things she says when you're watching TV, walking through the mall, or just hanging out. If she says she likes a specific brand of clothing, scent of perfume, or type of music, use this information to guide your gift search.
- Check out Her Room: A girl's room is a great place to learn what she likes. Take a quick peak in your girl's room and look around for any clues that can help you find a perfect gift. If you live with your lover and still aren't sure what she likes, you may be out of luck. However, a quick inventory of her beauty supplies, closet, and bookshelf/CD case should help you out.
- Find Out Her Hobbies: Does she like a particular sport or activity? Is she a big reader or is she more into movies? If you're buying y the lady in your life a Christmas present, chances are you have to have some knowledge of what she really likes to do. Getting her a gift that has something to do with her favorite activity will let her know you pay attention to her and know what she likes. It will also help you buy a gift that she will love and be able to use.
- Be Practical: If you don't think she can use it, chances are she won't. Sentimental gifts are okay for some occasions, especially anniversaries and other relationship related gifts. Holiday gifts should be fun and or practical. Think about when you were a child and holidays often meant new toys to play with. The same is similar for the adult world of gift giving. Buy her something she can use whether it's an iPod or her favorite perfume.
- Ask Friends and Family: Besides you, no one knows her better than her friends and family. It's possible they know exactly why she expects from you during the holidays so checking with them is a great idea. They should be able to tell you what she wants or at least point you in the right direction. Asking her close friends and family also may be helpful when you're trying to find out her sizes (jeans, shirts, shoes, or jewelry), anything she's allergic to (in case you're buying perfume) or anything she absolutely hates or loves.
- Stay Away from Monetary Gifts: Sure, everyone one loves cash in hand, but it's not exactly an ideal Christmas present. Women tend to like gifts that show you pay attention and that you put more than five seconds of thought into it. That said, never give the lady in your life a card with money unless she has specifically told you "I just want cash," in which case you may be the luckiest man alive. Gift cards for things she enjoys, like coffee, books, or music are okay, but only give them as an added bonus, never as the sole and or most important gift.
For more gift ideas for her you can: go to Bright Gift Ideas for Her, go to Gift Guides USA for a comprehensive collection of gift guides, or for coupon codes, discounts and free shipping offers go to Great Online Deals.
Friday, October 26, 2007
Take $10 off orders $125 or more from Brookstone! Use code AF6NOV. Expires 11/30/07.
Take $20 off orders $200 or more from Brookstone! Use code AF4NOV. Expires 11/30/07.
Take $25 off orders $300 or more from Brookstone! Use code AF4OCT. Expires 11/15/07.
Free iNeed Lumbar Massage Pillow with iSqueeze Purchase!
Free shipping on select Massage Chairs from Brookstone! Stackable with other offers!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Here is a selection of offers from DicksSportingGoods.com that are good until the end of the year.
Get Free Shipping on Native, SPY and Smith Sunglasses until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping on Customized NFL Jerseys until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get 20% off Montego from 12.2-12.15 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping On Daypacks over $30 from 11.18-12.1 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping on Hunting Apparel over $19.50 until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping on Paintball Markers over $79 until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping on Fishing Reels until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping on Optics over $40 until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping on Electronics over $40 until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get Free Shipping on Heelys until 12.31 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Get 15% off the Golf Clearance from 11.7-11.21 at DicksSportingGoods.com!
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
By Russell King
Canvas art, the perfect gift for the person who has everything...
A well selected canvas art print is something to be cherished for a life time by someone who may seem to have everything. They make wonderful wedding presents, birthday presents and anniversary presents, but also make for a great gift on Mothers Day, St Valentines Day, or any other special occassion.
Here are a few points to consider before choosing canvas art as a gift:
Think about their personal taste
You need to think about the personal taste of the person. How do they dress? are they conservative or bold when it comes to clothes and hairstyle? Do they wear clothes with bold colours and patterns or do they prefer plainer colours and more classic styles? If they are fairly conservative then go for an abstract in two or three key colours. If they are more out going then consider some colourful and flamboyant pop art or a retro geometric design. Maybe they drive a mini, love dogs, or they're a huge fan of Madonna, if so go for a design with a very personal theme, such as a stylized celebrity portrait.
Think about their home
What do you know about the décor of their home? Think colour, themes, patterns and style, and consider what type of art will fit in well? Remember, the personal style of the person could actually be very different to that of their home. Consider that the canvas art is going to need to fit in with their interior design, and not their wardrobe. Often people have homes that are decorated and furnished very differently from their own personal style because of the other members of the household. This is more often true with men, but also women.
What space do they have available for the canvas art?
Once you have decided on the style of the canvas art that you are considering buying, you need to be sure that the recipient has the available wall space on which to hang it. Is there space available in the room that the piece would most suit?
What's your budget?
Establish how much you are prepared to spend and look at the size of prints that fall within your budget. Remember size does not really matter when it comes to choosing canvas art. The recipient is far more likely to appreciate a smaller piece of canvas art that meets all of the previous requirements, rather than a larger piece that you felt made it appear that you had spent more money.
Does it need to be a surprise gift?
Remember, you always have the option of asking the recipient for their opinion. You can do this discreetly or directly, depending on how much of a surprise you want the gift of canvas art to be. Often it is better to check with them (or their partner/spouse) that it is something that they would really appreciate, rather than buy the wrong gift.
Canvas Art Gift Certificates
If you think a canvas art print would make a great gift, but are struggling to choose a design then consider giving a gift certificate instead. These are available to suit all budgets.
TIP: Worried about how to gift wrap a large piece of canvas art? Well don't wrap it, instead take a photo of the piece, put it into a box, and wrap that instead. Then simply present them with the canvas art after they have opened the box. This is also a great idea if you are handing over the canvas art gift at a wedding reception or party.
Russell King is the founder of Canvas Etc, a small company based in Yorkshire, England that specialises in high quality, limited edition canvas art prints. For more helpful advice on choosing canvas art for your home please see the Canvas Art - news & articles section on the Canvas Etc website.
You can also get a really nice piece of Art from Canvas on Demand.